The need to switch from linear to circular!
- The global clothing market is estimated at 2.9 trillion euros, and accounts for 2 percent of the world’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
- The global apparel market is valued at 3 trillion dollars, and accounts for 2 percent of the world’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
- 64% of the 32 billion garments produced each year end up in landfills or incinerators. Valuable raw materials of 20.5 billion items of clothing are destroyed as a result. The textile supply chain, but also governments and consumers are now aware that this has to change.
- A 2021 report from the World Economic Forum identified fashion, and its supply chain, as the planet’s third largest polluter (after food and construction).
- Nevertheless, it is an interesting and necessary industry that provides a lot of employment and generally shows the willingness to become more sustainable.
Change is simply possible!
At Wear2Go we are convinced that by working together we can improve and make the value chain of textile production sustainable by facilitating the reuse of end-of-life textiles.
What causes the impediment of circularity in the textile industry?
In order to convert end-of-life products into a raw material for a new product, the used and different materials must be separated into monoflows.
This means sorted by waste type and that’s where we encounter obstacles.
How do we approach this?
With the application of Wear2® Ecostitching Technology, it is possible to quickly remove such materials without cutting, intensive treatment with a seam ripper or tearing.
Other types of fabrics, zippers, buttons, labels, tags, logos and emblems are also separated in no time.
This offers efficient, affordable options for the sustainable processing of large volumes of end-of-life textiles. Since transformed into monomaterials.
Circular textiles with Wear2 Ecostitching Technology
With holistic solutions, circular closed-loop textiles become a reality.
Integrating the circular Wear2® concept into your business process is possible without significant modifications or expensive investments.